Your first appointment
You have scheduled an appointment at our clinic for a first proctology consultation.
- We kindly request that you be present 10 minutes before the start of your appointment.
- If the referral letter is not yet in our possession, please bring it to your appointment.
- We also ask you to bring your ID (ID card, passport or driver’s license). If your ID does not state your BSN, we also need your health insurance card.
- If applicable, we ask you to bring a list of the medication you use. You can request this at your pharmacy.
- We kindly ask you fill out the questionnaire and bring it to your appointment.
Part of this consultation is an internal examination. To do this as well and as safely as possible, we ask you to laxate with an enema. With this you empty the last part of your colon, the rectum.
- You will find a prescription for 3 enemas and an instruction sheet with this letter. You need two enemas; the third enema is extra. You can get the enemas with the prescription from your pharmacy.
- You use one the night before your appointment, the other two hours before your appointment.
- If desired, you can optionally use your own enemas according to the above schedule.
Unfortunately, if you do not use enemas, the appointment cannot go ahead.
The first appointment takes approximately 45 minutes. We try to work on time, but sometimes your appointment might start later due to unforeseen circumstances. Please take this into account when making your appointments.
We aim to treat immediately during the first consultation.
In the event that you come for treatment of hemorrhoids or removal of skin tags/mariske, please keep in mind that you cannot fly, exercise or go to the sauna/spa for 14 days after the treatment.
Changing or canceling an appointment
You can cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 24 hours in advance. If you have not canceled the appointment 24 hours in advance, we can charge a stay-away fee (an amount of 50 euros). Please let us know in time if you cannot come to your appointment. We can then use the time for you for other patients.
Medisch Centrum Wetering provides medical specialist care, this is settled with your deductible (“eigen risico”). This is a legal requirement for all hospitals and clinics in the Netherlands.
The deductible is 385.- euros (or higher if you have agreed this with your health insurer).
Waiting time indication